1. I use several roma tomatoes and a red capsicum.
2. Roast over naked flame on the stove top (gives it a smoky grilled flavour that you can really taste in the dip). Wrap the tomatoes and capsicum in aluminum foil. Place in a small stainless steel saucepan and roast on stove top until charred on the outside.
3. chop into pieces. Divide into 2 batches.
4. Cook some onions (the red ones, about 1/2 onion) and a bit of garlic (about 3 cloves)
5. Add half of the chopped tomato and capsicum and cook in a small saucepan until sloppy.
6. Turn off heat.
7. Add a bit of coriander (optional) and maybe some more raw finely chopped onions.
8. Add the other half of the tomato and capsicum mix (this helps it retain some solid chunks in the dip).
9. Allow this dip to cool first in the fridge before serving. This allows the flavours to develop and mix together.
Serve with bread sticks or corn chips.