Adaptation of a recipe from http://realmomkitchen.com/10379/mexican-shredded-beef/
1. Buy the cheapest beef possible (e.g. gravy beef) from the supermarket.
2. Bung it into the slow cooker with water (enough to cover), 1 cube beef stock, tomato paste (3 tablespoons or more), 4 bay leaves, chilli sauce, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or garlic), 2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin.
3. Cook until tender enough to stab and easily shred.
4. Remove beef from mix and shred with forks. Retain some of the sauce in the slow cooker to mix with the shredded beef.
5. Reduce the remaining sauce until it thickens slightly. Taste the sauce and add more herbs and spices, salt to taste. Add shredded beef back in.
6. Serve with corn chips.